2012-06-30

Blue-Green

I liked this photo from the first time I saw it, but it took a while for it to reach the point where it looked the way I wanted it to. Not so much in terms of distance, in the sense of changes from its original scan to its present appearance, but in time for me to see what I liked and add a certain subtle emphasis.

This photo is also why I'm still willing to put up with the additional hassles of scanning colour film, instead of relegating my film cameras to only using XP2 and keeping colour in the digital realm where everything is so much easier.

It's also interesting to me to look at this post and the two previous ones, and see which two forms a natural set. Sometimes content isn't character.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month